Human Resources Specialist
Are you a human resources professional looking to jump-start your career? Do you have a passion for recruiting? Are you an organized, highly efficient individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment? If so, ASPS has the perfect position for you!
What You Will Do
The Human Resource Specialist handles and provides support for various HR employee programs within the organization, with a strong focus on supporting the staffing need efforts. Performs human resources-related duties at the professional level for ASPS/PSF and carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: recruiting, benefits and HR policies. Position is also back up for payroll.
- Regularly partners with hiring managers and other appropriate managers to anticipate and plan for staffing needs in advance of required start date.
- Sources candidates through job posting sites, search engines, referrals, networking and other avenues.
- Generates and maintains internal and external job postings.
- Pre-screens, interviews, assesses and hires top-quality candidates.
- Performs thorough background and reference checks on all potential candidates prior to job offer, as well as conducting onboarding/offboarding tasks including but not limited to orientation, organizational announcements, adding employee information into databases and ADP TotalSource, etc.
- Maintains and creates Asana projects and templates.
- Handles benefit inquiries to ensure courteous resolution.
- Maintains Human Resources Information System, employment/termination documents and employee electronic files to ensure the organization is in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
- Partners with the Sr Human Resources Generalist to facilitate employee events and maintains HR information in SharePoint and career page on plasticsurgery.org
- Processes invoices and purchase orders in Concur.
- Assists with execution of HR-related projects, including the open enrollment process in ADP TotalSource.
Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Will Need
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Two to four years experience in a human resource/payroll capacity.
- High level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations and documentation and strong attention to detail
- Excellent MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook skills. As well as experience with SharePoint, DocuSign, Adobe Pro, ADP Totalsource, ASANA, LinkedIn, Treeno and Concur
- Knowledge of office administration procedures
- Ability to multitask/project management
- Attention to detail in composing and proofing materials; establishing priorities; and meeting deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Customer service oriented
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Flexible, able to adapt to a changing fast pace work environment
Certifications: SHRM-CP desired