Employer: American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Position Location: Arlington Heights, Ill. (headquarters)
Title: Marketing Associate
Department: Marketing and Digital Strategies
Reports To: Integrated Marketing Manager
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is seeking a Marketing Associate to work in our Marketing and Digital Strategies Department.
The Marketing Associate conceptualizes, writes and develops marketing materials including brochures, emails, print and digital advertising, social posts, sell sheets, web copy and more, sometimes dealing with medical procedural information, under tight deadlines and across multiple channels. The core function of this position is to create and enact the marketing strategy to successfully promote clinical education opportunities, research programs, health policy initiatives and other member benefit programs to plastic surgeons, nurses and other plastic surgery support staff. As part of the development process, the Marketing Associate collaborates with graphic designers and digital marketing/social media professionals across the organization.
The Marketing Associate will create and manage marketing plans to support all of the programs and products in the business lines represented. The associate will work with subject matter experts on a variety of products and programs to develop content that supports and meets the deadlines of approved plans and execute the dissemination of that content via e-mail, social posts, postcards, letters, brochures, etc. The associate will solicit input and obtain final content approval for campaigns from key stakeholders.
The candidate must be able to:
- Develop marketing strategies and integrated marketing plans for an array of distinct membership groups and programs.
- Write engaging, lively marketing copy under tight timelines and word count restrictions for a variety of media and audiences.
- Setup and deploy e-mail to appropriate constituent segments in a bulk e-mail system, using department style guidelines and defined approval processes.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintain/establish style and branding guidelines.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Manage the project activity and foster collaboration of an interdisciplinary team of communications staff as well as external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans that include tasks, milestones, dependencies, resources and risks.
- Accurately proofread copy and maintain established organizational voice and style using AP Style Guidelines.
- Evaluate effectiveness of marketing campaigns using analytics and other methods.
- Perform routine administrative tasks in support of the marketing team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree (journalism, advertising, marketing or mass communications, preferred)
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in writing-intensive roles in in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment related to marketing or advertising. Strong skills in copy editing, proofreading and writing required. Previous agency experience is a plus. Knowledge of the healthcare industry is beneficial, and a willingness and aptitude to learn more is vital. Experience in SharePoint and Asana (collaboration tools), Aptify (association management software), Adestra and SharpSpring (bulk e-mail software), Sprout Social and Hootsuite (social media management software) or other customer-management systems is also helpful.
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong project management skills working with multiple groups to gain buy-in and approvals
- Experience budgeting and creating marketing and communications plans
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Strong time-management skills
- Experience with email campaign coordination and execution using marketing automation or email marketing tools.
- Digital marketing analysis
- Working knowledge of the marketing communication process – research, planning, promotion and evaluation
- Proficient w/Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of content management systems (CMS) and basic HTML, social media. Familiarity with AP Stylebook and/or Chicago Manual of Style are also required.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Adaptability: Adapts to change, open to new ideas and responsibilities.
- Dependability: Meets deadlines, works independently, accountable, maintains focus, punctual, good attendance record.
- Initiative: Takes action, seeks new opportunities, strives to see projects to completion.
- Innovation: Creative, offers new ideas, risk taker, amenable to change.
- Project Management: Monitors status of projects, thoroughly deals with project details, holds project owners accountable, delivers clear, accurate depiction of status.
- Results Driven: Defines appropriate goals, works toward achieving goals, articulates vision and steps for achievement.
- Teamwork: Accountable to team, works to meet established deliverables, appreciates view of team members, respectful.
- Manual Dexterity: Physically operate routine office equipment, such as telephones, computers and copier.
- Physical Effort: Work requires negligible physical exertion. Minor lifting may be required up to 25 lbs.
- Working Conditions: Most work done in office, use of computer and telephone for discussion with members, staff. May be required to travel to sites other than the organization's main office. Work overtime as required.
- Hazards: No known exposure to hazards.
For consideration for this position, please send your resume to email@example.com and enter "Marketing Associate" in the subject line.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. Founded in 1931, the Society is comprised of more than 7,000 physician members and represents more than 94 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. ASPS' mission is to advance quality care to plastic surgery patients by encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice and research in plastic surgery.
ASPS is conveniently located in Northwest Suburban Chicago (in Arlington Heights), close to O'Hare Airport and just off the Northwest Tollway (Arlington Hts Road Exit).