Are you a passionate and results-driven individual with a knack for marketing? Interested in nonprofit organizations and the healthcare industry? We are thrilled to announce an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Marketing Associate!
The Marketing Associate conceptualizes, writes and develops marketing materials including emails, print and digital advertising, social posts, web copy, brochures and more, sometimes dealing with medical procedural information, under tight deadlines and across multiple channels. The core function of this position is to work collaboratively to develop and implement the marketing strategy to successfully promote ASPS Business Development initiatives including the Affiliated Organizations and Managed Societies and PS2. The associate collaborates with graphic designers and digital marketing/social media professionals and subject matter experts across the organization.
What You Will Do
The Marketing Associate will create, support and manage marketing plans to service all of the programs and initiatives in the business lines represented. The associate will work with subject matter experts on a variety of programs to develop content that supports and meets the deadlines of approved plans and either execute or manage the dissemination of that content via e-mail, social posts, postcards, letters, brochures, etc. The associate will solicit input and obtain final content approval for campaigns from key stakeholders.
- Develop marketing strategies for ASPS Business Development initiatives including the Affiliated Organizations and Managed Societies and PS2
- Develop, manage and execute marketing plans for ASPS Business Development initiatives including the Affiliated Organizations and Managed Societies and PS2
- Setup, build and deploy e-mails to appropriate constituent segments in the Marketo e-mail system, using department style guidelines and defined approval processes
- Write engaging, lively marketing copy under tight timelines and word count restrictions for a variety of media and audiences
- Utilize ASPS project management software using department-defined processes
- Work independently and as part of a team
- Maintain/establish ASPS style and branding guidelines
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Manage project activity and foster collaboration interdepartmentally to revise and update marketing collateral
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans that include tasks, milestones, dependencies, resources and risks utilizing ASPS project management software and using department-defined processes
- Accurately proofread copy and maintain established organizational voice and style using AP Style Guidelines.
- Evaluate effectiveness of marketing campaigns using analytics and other methods
- Perform routine administrative tasks in support of the marketing team as needed
- Assist in other marketing activities outside of ASPS Business Development initiatives, when necessary
What You Will Need
Education: A Bachelor's degree in journalism, advertising, marketing or mass communications is preferred.
Experience: Three to five years of marketing and/or advertising experience in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Strong skills in copyediting, proofreading and writing are required. Previous agency experience is a plus. Knowledge of the healthcare industry is beneficial, and a willingness and aptitude to learn more is vital. Expertise with email marketing automation is important, preferably using Marketo. Experience in SharePoint and Asana (collaboration tools), Aptify (association management software) and other customer-management systems is also helpful.
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong project management skills working with multiple groups to gain buy-in and approvals
- Experience creating marketing and communications plans
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Strong time-management skills to prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Positive and collaborative attitude
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
- Experience working with graphic designers and other creative partners
- Experience with email campaign coordination and execution using marketing automation or email marketing tools
- Working knowledge of the marketing communication process – research, planning, promotion and evaluation
- Proficient w/Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of basic HTML
- Working knowledge of basic social media promotion
- Familiarity with AP Stylebook is a plus