Employer: American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Position Location: Arlington Heights, Ill. (headquarters)
Title: Marketing Associate
Department: Marketing and Digital Strategies
Reports To: Marketing Manager
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is seeking a Marketing Associate to work in our Marketing and Digital Strategies Department.
The Marketing Associate conceptualizes, writes and develops marketing materials including brochures, emails, print and digital advertising, social posts, sell sheets, procedural information, web copy and more under tight deadlines and across multiple channels. The core function of this position is to create and enact the marketing strategy to successfully promote clinical education opportunities, research programs, health policy initiatives and other member benefit programs to members of Affiliated Organizations (regional, subspecialty, etc.) managed by ASPS. As part of the development process, the Marketing Associate collaborates with graphic designers and digital marketing/social media professionals across the organization.
The Marketing Associate will create and manage marketing plans to support all of the programs in the business lines represented. The associate will conceptualize innovative marketing campaigns and write and edit marketing copy to promote programs and products. The associate will solicit input and obtain final content approval for campaigns from key stakeholders.
The candidate must possess or be able to:
- Develop marketing strategies and integrated marketing plans for an array of distinct membership groups and programs.
- Write and edit clear, lively copy for a variety of media and audiences.
- Write engaging marketing copy under tight timelines and word count restrictions.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
- Maintain/establish style and branding guidelines.
- Manage and prioritize multiple projects under tight deadlines.
- Manage the project activity and foster collaboration of an interdisciplinary team of communications staff as well as external stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans that include tasks, milestones, dependencies, resources, and risks.
- Accurately proofread copy.
- Evaluate effectiveness of marketing campaigns using analytics and other methods.
- Perform routine administrative tasks in support of the marketing team as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree (journalism, advertising, marketing or mass communications, preferred)
- Experience: 3-5 years of experience in writing-intensive roles in in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment related to marketing or advertising. Strong skills in copyediting, proofreading, and writing required. Previous agency experience is a plus. Knowledge of the health care industry is beneficial, and a willingness and aptitude to learn more is vital. Experience in SharePoint and Asana (collaboration tools), Aptify (association management software), Adestra and SharpSpring (bulk e-mail software), Sprout Social and Hootsuite (social media management software) or other customer-management systems is also helpful.
- Outstanding writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Strong project management skills working with multiple groups to gain buy-in and approvals
- Experience budgeting and creating marketing and communications plans
- Flexible and adaptive to changing priorities
- Strong time-management skills
- SEO copywriting experience
- Experience with email campaign coordination and execution using marketing automation or email marketing tools.
- Digital marketing analysis
- Working knowledge of the marketing communication process – research, planning, promotion and evaluation
- Budget preparation experience
- Proficient w/Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook)
- Working knowledge of content management systems (CMS) and mid-level HTML, social media. Familiarity with AP Stylebook and/or Chicago Manual of Style are also required.
- Ability to build and maintain productive relationships with peers and cross-functional teams
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Adaptability: Adapts to change, open to new ideas and responsibilities.
- Dependability: Meets deadlines, works independently, accountable, maintains focus, punctual, good attendance record.
- Initiative: Takes action, seeks new opportunities, strives to see projects to completion.
- Innovation: Creative, offers new ideas, risk taker, amenable to change.
- Project Management: Monitors status of projects, thoroughly deals with project details, holds project owners accountable, delivers clear, accurate depiction of status.
- Results Driven: Defines appropriate goals, works toward achieving goals, articulates vision and steps for achievement.
- Teamwork: Accountable to team, works to meet established deliverables, appreciates view of team members, respectful.
- Manual Dexterity: Physically operate routine office equipment, such as telephones, computers and copier.
- Physical Effort: Work requires negligible physical exertion. Minor lifting may be required up to 25 lbs.
- Working Conditions: Most work done in office, use of computer and telephone for discussion with members, staff. May be required to travel to sites other than the organization's main office. Work overtime as required.
- Hazards: No known exposure to hazards.
For consideration for this position, please send your resume and salary history to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter "Marketing Associate" in the subject line.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. Founded in 1931, the Society is comprised of more than 7,000 physician members and represents more than 94 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. ASPS' mission is to advance quality care to plastic surgery patients by encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice and research in plastic surgery.
ASPS is conveniently located in Northwest Suburban Chicago (in Arlington Heights), close to O'Hare Airport and just off the Northwest Tollway (Arlington Hts Road Exit).