Meetings and Events Administrator
Are you an administrative professional looking to kickstart your career? Do you have an interest in nonprofit organizations and the healthcare industry? If so, ASPS has the perfect position for you!
Responsible for providing administrative support for the Meetings Department. Will also assist, as needed, to provide additional support for the Education and Corporate Development Departments. Primary responsibilities will include collaborating with Meetings Program Managers on planning and execution of live meetings, processing invoices and vendor agreements, scheduling multi-participant meetings and data entry. Additional responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, support site and vendor selection research, provide onsite support at live meetings and events and oversee shipping to and from meetings. Must be able to work on a variety of projects concurrently.
Whate You Will Do
Functions as the primary point of contact for forms, data entry, surveys and ancillary vendor requirements for the Meetings Department.
- Partners with Meetings Department staff liaisons, as needed, to provide additional committee support
- Manages data entry related to meetings and events; This may include but is not limited to product creation, program data entry, evaluation responses, logistical arrangements and food and beverage orders
- Collaborates with vendors, such as but not limited to housing partners, general contractors and audio/visual providers, to provide services for meetings and events
- Supports Meetings Project Managers with meeting and event planning and execution as needed
- Manages shipments to and from meeting sites
- May attend onsite meetings, such as Plastic Surgery The Meeting (ASPS annual meeting), and assist with tasks such as registration, faculty, attendee and/or sponsor support and meeting logistics
- Assist with billing reconciliation and processes reimbursements and invoices quickly, accurately and efficiently
- Manages the scheduling of large, multi-participant conference calls/Zoom calls
- Tests and deploys online programming in partnership with Education Program Managers
- Supports the development, logistical setup and execution of online meetings and educational programming
Perform other duties as assigned
What You Will Need
Associate's degree (desired)
1-2 years of related experience