As part of the ASPS Membership department, this position requires a self-disciplined, flexible, adaptable, service-oriented individual with strong writing skills, interpersonal skills, eye for detail and a marketing acumen to focus on domestic (U.S. and Canada) membership recruitment, retention and engagement strategies with some overlap into global membership. Responsible for logistical planning and execution of activities expanding ASPS/PSF domestic membership initiatives, focusing on residents Provides services to members, participates in U.S. society meetings and facilitates the application process for all membership categories, with direct responsibility for domestic markets. Interacts with multiple ASPS departments specifically with the Member Services Center (MSC), the Executive Office, Industry Relations, Marketing, BT, Education and Meetings staff. Attends Annual Meeting and other ASPS meetings and symposia to help support programs, committees and facilitate recruitment and retention of ASPS members.
Additionally, the membership associate serves as ASPS primary staff liaison to several ASPS/PSF committees, which include: Residents Council, Visiting Professors (VP), Volunteers in Plastic Surgery (VIPS), medical students and new and upcoming membership initiatives and committees. This requires participation in and coordinating committee meetings, managing budgets and representing ASPS at plastic surgery conferences, symposia and other events (such as National Medical Students Day).
This position requires domestic travel (5-6 times per year).
What You Will Need
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or communications field preferred
Minimum 3 to 5 years working with members and a nonprofit organization strongly desired.
- Excellent organizational, writing, proofreading and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization and project teams
- Goal-oriented team player and effective collaborator
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 and working knowledge of Aptify (database) and Marketo (email marketing system) a plus
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast pace work environment with tight deadlines
- Solid Project Management skills and proficiency in project management software (such as Asana)