Senior Quality Analyst
Employer: American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS)
Position Location: Arlington Heights, Ill. (headquarters)
Title: Senior Quality Analyst
Department: Quality & Performance Measurement
Reports To: Director of Quality & Performance Measurement
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is seeking a Senior Quality Analyst to work in our Quality & Performance Measurement Department.
The Senior Quality Analyst will act as the organization's lead staff resource on evidence-based medicine. This individual is responsible for monitoring guideline science to identify best practices and innovations in developing guidelines. Responsible for advising on the impact of research and legislation impacting guideline use and quality reporting by plastic surgeons. Responsible for leading and coordinating the complete development of guidelines from inception to publication in our peer-reviewed journal Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Journal (PRS).
- Collaborates with all members of the quality team to assist in developing performance measures using guideline recommendations.
- Identifies potential plastic surgery relevant guideline topics that represent the membership
- Coordinates the solicitation and selection of chairs and workgroup members
- Manages Memoranda of Understanding (MOU's) for stakeholder groups to assure ownership of guideline copyright
- Manages multispecialty workgroups of plastic surgeons, stakeholder society members, and patient representatives
- Queries bibliographic data using relevant search syntax to develop and implement the literature search strategy
- Performs systematic literature reviews and critical appraisal of scientific literature adherent to international methodologic standards with in house project management software
- Utilizes statistical software to analyze relevant data from the systematic review and synthesize summary of findings appendices
- Supports and edit manuscript narrative development
- Coordinates publication of guideline with PRS editorial staff
- Collaborates with Marketing and Communications departments to disseminate draft guidelines and retrieve feedback during open public comment periods
- Coordinates approvals through ASPS leadership including clinician members of the Executive Committee, Quality and Performance Measurement Committee (QPMC)
- Reports project progress periodically through Leadership Staff Reports
- Supports the development of the following Quality deliverables, as needed:
- Clinical Position Statements
- Performance Measures
- Research Programs/Projects
- Serves as the primary expert in the development of guidelines and evidence-based quality products
- Serves as a representative for GIN and stay aware of national quality organizations that could impact guideline development including but not limited to NQF, CMS, SQA, PCPI, CMSS, etc.
- Coordinates submissions and annual updates to any Guidelines Clearinghouses supported by the organization
- Utilizes bibliographic tools to organize a reference database
- Travel is required
- Evening conference calls are required
- Weekend meetings are required
- Other duties as assigned
- Education: Bachelor's degree required. Master of Public Health or health-related Master's degree preferred.
- Previous experience facilitating academic journal manuscript development and publications required
- 2-5 years' experience in drafting, revising, and finalizing research documents including guidelines or scientific articles strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of evidence-based medicine concepts preferred, including:
- Clinical study designs, including risk of bias
- Literature search methods and databases, including specific search syntaxes (e.g. EMBASE, PubMed, and Cochrane)
- Previous experience with EndNote or other reference manager software a plus
- Systematic review processes, including literature quality appraisal methodologies such as GRADE or QUADAS
- Knowledge of statistics and analytical methods, including parametric and non-parametric tests, regression analyses, and the ability to conduct these in statistical software (SAS, STATA, R). Previous STATA experience preferred
- Familiarity with national recommendations for evidence-based medicine and quality products from the National Academy of Medicine (formerly the Institute of Medicine) and/or other national quality leaders including GIN, PCPI, NQF, and CMSS
- Project management experience preferred
- Excellent writing and analytic skills
- Ability to clearly communicate complex scientific/statistical information formally and informally
- Computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and previously mentioned applications or databases (e.g. EndNote, STATA, EMBASE, PubMed, Cochrane) and ASANA (project management software)
- Experience in health/medical association management a plus
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Must be self-motivated and able to effectively manage multiple projects
- Analyze Issues: Gathers information systematically; applies accurate logic in problem-solving; understand complex concepts and relationships
- Initiative: Takes action, seeks new opportunities, strives to see projects to completion
- Interpersonal Skills: Show strength in dealing with membership and staff.
- Problem Solving: Strives to understand contributing factors, works to resolve complex situations
- Project Management: Monitors status of projects, thoroughly deals with project details, holds project owners accountable, delivers clear, accurate depiction of status
- Manual Dexterity: Work requires the ability to properly and efficiently use a computer.
- Physical Effort: Work requires negligible physical exertion. Minor lifting may be required at special events up to 25 lbs.
- Working Conditions: Most work done in the office, use of computer and telephone for discussion with members and staff. May be required to travel to sites other than the organization's main office. Work overtime as required.
- Hazards: No known exposure to hazards.
For consideration for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and enter "Senior Quality Analyst" in the subject line.
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is the largest plastic surgery specialty organization in the world. Founded in 1931, the Society is comprised of more than 7,000 physician members and represents more than 94 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States. ASPS' mission is to advance quality care to plastic surgery patients by encouraging high standards of training, ethics, physician practice and research in plastic surgery.
ASPS is conveniently located in Northwest Suburban Chicago (in Arlington Heights), close to O'Hare Airport and just off the Northwest Tollway (Arlington Hts Road Exit).