Are you a software engineer looking to support a non for profit organization? Are you a motivated, driven individual with a passion for the healthcare industry and medical specialty societies? If so, ASPS may have the perfect job for you!
The Software Engineer assists in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of ASPS web applications. Serve as tier 1 and 2 application support for most web applications. Provide support to the ASPS Business Technology product development team by fulfilling development and enhancement requests for web applications. Resolve problem reports by analyzing problems and systems to determine code and configuration changes necessary.
Candidates should have competency in .NET and related application and web development tools, plus working knowledge of relational databases like Microsoft SQL Server and PostgreSQL. Candidates should also have experience with a modern front-end web library/framework (i.e., React, Vue, Angular or equivalent). Candidates must be self-sufficient, work independently and react quickly and manage change. Excellent teamwork skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision are required.
What You Will Do
- Diagnose and resolve user application support issues. Serve as Tier 1 and 2 application support for users and other Business Technology resources. Work directly with users and the Technology team as necessary to identify, implement and document resolution. Adapt standards as appropriate to incorporate resolution to ensure problems do not recur. Comprehend, ask questions and develop solutions based on discussions with users, agree on design and then implement the solution.
- Able to document requirements, design, develop, test and deploy application systems to meet user and member needs.
- Able to work with vendors to build integrations between applications using APIs, data transfers or bulk uploads. Use tools to test and verify integrations. Architect solutions to maintain and monitor integration integrity, as well as bootstrap future integrations.
- Able to quickly diagnose application code or user/operator problems and to take effective corrective action. Ability to proactively identify, troubleshoot and resolve application issues.
- Log application problem reports and support requests. Take appropriate action to ensure a satisfactory response with acceptable time frames for the user and member community.
- Maintain application code repositories (Git) for applications.
- Able to produce and maintain clear and usable documentation of requirements, system design and architecture, test plans and problem resolutions.
- Participate in developing solutions for web initiatives, assessing limitations, choosing appropriate technologies and maintaining an approachable user experience. Stay current with new application and web development trends for future implementation on ASPS applications.
- Ability to develop database queries as required for business initiatives and reporting.
- This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
What You Will Need
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred or equivalent experience
- Experience: 3-5 years of application development experience leveraging the programming languages mentioned above.
- Certifications: AWS Cloud Practitioner preferred