Enhance Your Practice Podcast
Join ASPS as we launch a new podcast series on practice management, to be available in both the Apple and Android podcast stores. More and more, we are absorbing information in small clips of audio. Whether driving in our cars or walking around the block, listening to podcasts is becoming an extremely popular pastime.
Note: Speakers, topics and release dates are subject to change
January 2020 – Next Steps
This season covers topics for surgeons just starting out in the field or those wrapping up their residencies. There are a lot of choices facing new plastic surgeons, aside from what type of clinical procedures they'd like to specialize in – where should I work; how do I know it'll be a good fit for me; what should you look for in an employer or practice, as well as in the employment contract. As new surgeons navigate the field, it can be very overwhelming without a lot of guidance or resources available. This Season tries to provide some of those answers or at least, insight on choices others have made.
- What kind of practices are there and what should I be doing? – Dr. Mo Nahabedian
- Do I become an employee or my own boss? Picking the right Group/Institution/Private Practice to join. – Dr. Warren Ellsworth and Dr. Aviva Preminger
- Top 10 things to consider with an employment contract – Dr. Neal Reisman
- How can I find a mentor? – Dr. Kavitha Ranganathan
March 2020 – Med Spas
As plastic surgeons venture into this additional channel of aesthetics, they often find themselves looking for support. There are many considerations one must make when adding a Med Spa to their practice – Where do you get started; what services should you offer; what kind of staff is required? This season provides tips and first-hand accounts of what it takes to open your very own Med Spa.
- Why I opened a med spa and why you should consider adding one to your practice – Dr. Heather Furnas
- Where to get started? – Dr. Bob Basu
- Opening multiple med spas – Dr. Karol Gutowski
- Marketing your med spa – Dr. Dana Coberly
April 2020 – Work/Life Balance
Burnout is a tremendous challenge facing surgeons today, especially those new to the field. Hear from your colleagues on dealing with work/life balance, building resilience, and relationships. Women and surgeons of color face unique challenges in this field. Listen to their stories of breaking into a field that didn't always feel welcoming.
- Relationships in and out of the office – Dr. Michael Bentz and Dr. Ash Patel
- Ergonomics – Dr. Scott Hollenbeck and Dr. Douglas Steinbrech
- Women – Balancing residency with being mom – Dr. Lily Mundy and Dr. Kavitha Ranganathan
- Finding balance – Fatherhood and plastic surgery episode with special guest host Dr. Kavitha Ranganathan – Dr. Joseph Lopez and Dr. Christian Vercler
- Raising a successful family – Dr. Heather Furnas and Dr. Paco Canales
June 2020 – Pros and Pitfalls of Building your own Office
You made the decision to open your own practice, but have you considered all the details? Hear from the experts on issues like patient flow, cybersecurity, aesthetic design of your office, and more.
- Things you should know but probably don't about starting your own practice – Dr. Smita Ramanadham
- Factors to consider when choosing your location – Dr. Bob Basu and Dr. Nolan Karp
- Designing your private practice – Dr. Diana Yoon-Schwartz and Dr. Michael Zenn
- Cybersecurity – Dr. James Nachbar
- Patient Flow
July 2020 – Staff
Staffing is one of the biggest challenges surgeons face in setting up their practice. How do you know what staff you need and whether they'll be a good fit? Once you have the right people hired, how do you train them on what they need to know? Staff retention and turnover can cost a fortune- how can it be avoided. This season covers all of the ins-and-outs of staffing.
Coming Soon! An interactive course with free resources such as training checklists and sample job descriptions.
- What staff do you need?
- How to choose the right staff? Recruitment, fit with practice culture, personality
- Retaining staff!
September 2020 – Managing Student Loan Debt
This Season covers one of the most pressing and stressful issues facing surgeons at the start of their practice- student loan debt. Hear from an industry expert on how to manage it and surgeons who have dealt with this issue.
- How do I deal with my debt?
- How to pay off your debt, fast!
- Saving for your kids college while yourre still paying off your own debt
November 2020 – Financial Planning 101
You've gotten started and have a plan for paying off your student debt... but what about your future income? Investments? Retirement?? How do you even pick a financial planner? This Season has you covered on getting started and all the questions you may not even know to ask.
- How I financed my Private Practice without a loan – Dr. John Apostolides
- Things I wish I'd known before taking out a personal loan
- Choosing the Right Financial Planner
- Too early to start planning for retirement?
Corporate Support Opportunities
PODCAST SPONSORSHIP: $5,000
- Exclusive sponsorship of the podcast with host recognition at start and end of podcast
- Opportunity to provide speaker or case study for discussion to be integrated as a segment in the podcast (content/speaker must be relevant to podcast content)
- Inclusion of one advertising placement
PRE-ROLL ADVERTISEMENT: $1,000
- One (1) 15-second advertisement at beginning of podcast for host to discuss sponsor's product
MID-ROLL ADVERTISEMENT: $1,500
- One (1) 60-second advertisement with host discussing their experience with the sponsor's product
POST-ROLL ADVERTISEMENT: $750
- One (1) 30-second advertisement at end of podcast with audio provided by sponsor