Pandemic Relief for Physicians
About the Issues
The cancellation of elective services at the onset of the pandemic resulted in many plastic surgery practices and hospitals temporarily closing their doors and furloughing staff. Despite these financial challenges, physicians have remained committed to ensuring continued access to specialty care during the public health emergency.
ASPS supports the following pandemic solutions:
- Direct financial relief for physicians and medical practices;
- Medical liability protections for physicians serving during the pandemic from frivolous lawsuits;
- Investments into the future of the physician workforce;
- And continued access to PPE supplies and testing capabilities.
Questions to Ask the Candidates
- Do you support additional financial relief for physicians and plastic surgery practices?
- What will you do to protect physicians from frivolous lawsuits during the pandemic?