Medicare: Proposed and Final Rules
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has released the following Proposed Rules:
CY 2019 Inpatient Payment Program
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) on April 24 released the fiscal year (FY) 2019 Medicare Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS) proposed rule, which updates next year's Medicare payment rates and coverage policies for patients when they are discharged from hospitals. Under the provisions proposed in this rule, CMS projects that total Medicare spending on inpatient hospital services will increase by approximately $4 billion in 2019.
- FY 2019 IPPS Proposed Rule Home Page (click on CMS-1694-P file)
After review of all comments, CMS has indicated it will be moving forward with all of the payment and policy changes outlined in its 2019 In-Patient Proposed Rule.
On July 31, 2018, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) released the calendar year (CY) 2019 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (OPPS) and ASC Payment System proposed rule.
- Final Rule for the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (HOPPS)
- Proposed Rule for the Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System (HOPPS)
- 2019 Hospital Outpatient Prospective Payment System – Five Things to Know
Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
ASPS has several key areas of concern in relation to the Proposed Rule for the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule and Quality Payment Program for CY2019.
- Final Rule for the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS)
- Proposed Rule for the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS)
- Six Things to Know About the Proposed 2019 Medicare Physician Fee Schedule
- ASPS Comments
- ASPS Comments: MPFS and QPP Proposed Rule
ASPS is currently reviewing the Hospital Outpatient and Physician Fee Schedule final rules, and will provide comments to CMS before the end of December.