Tracking Operations and Outcomes for Plastic Surgeons (TOPS)
The TOPS program was launched in 2002 as a secure and confidential national database of plastic surgery procedures and outcomes. All ASPS active members and candidates for membership in the American Society of Plastic Surgeons are encouraged to participate in the TOPS program.
Benefits of TOPS
TOPS information benefits the participating physician and the plastic surgery specialty as a practice management tool in clinical research, advocacy, and communication with the media and the public.
Practice Management Tool
- Individual and peer group comparison
- National benchmarks for practice patterns
- Reports on practice demographics
- ASPS-QCDR module allows for submission of quality reporting data to CMS.
- Provides valid data necessary to effectively respond to onerous state and federal regulations
- Provides valid data to demonstrate the quality of health care provided by board-certified plastic surgeons vs. the competition
Communication with Media and the Public
- Provides continuing valid procedural statistics to the media
- Supports the branding of the ASPS logo as the symbol of excellence in plastic surgery
- Develop evidence-based patient care parameters
- Conduct multi-center clinical trials
- Monitor clinical outcomes and emerging trends
- TOPS data and analysis of TOPS data is available for purchase. To submit a data request to ASPS, please complete the TOPS Data Request form and email to RESEARCH@plasticsurgery.org.