Breast Surgery & Body Contouring Symposium August 10-12, 2017
Program Chair: J. Peter Rubin, MD | Co-Chair: John Y.S. Kim, MD
Continuing the tradition of clinical programming excellence, the 2017 program focuses on aesthetic and reconstructive breast surgery and body contouring procedures. The program is designed with a comprehensive blend of free instructional courses, providing a deep dive into specific topics in a smaller setting, complemented by general session programming which features individual presentations and expert panel discussion on key topics.
Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Identify current and emerging issues and advances affecting the diagnosis and delivery of treatment and assess their potential practice applications
- Critically assess the strategies for aesthetic and reconstructive breast procedures
- Describe advanced technologies and techniques in body contouring
- Translate expanded knowledge into practice for the improvement of patient outcomes and satisfaction
This meeting will address the following ACGME/ABMS competencies:
- Patient care and procedural skills
- Medical knowledge
- Interpersonal and communication skills
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons® (ASPS) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
The ASPS designates this live activity for a maximum of 21.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Ten of the 21.50 credits have been identified as programming applicable to patient safety.
Continuing Medical Education Credits
- Symposium Sessions: 19.25
- Instructional Courses: 2.25
- Total credits available: 21.50 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™
The Plastic Surgery Education Network (PSEN) will be recording the general session lectures and panels. As an added benefit, all attendees will be granted free access to these via streaming video on PSENetwork.org. The recordings will be available 4-6 weeks after the meeting in the MyPSEN / MyCourses area of the PSEN site. Attendees will be alerted via email when the recordings are available to view.