Dr. Taleisnik and his staff are dedicated to providing individualized care of the highest quality, with a strong emphasis on personal interaction with the doctor. Every patient has unique desires, needs, and nuances. For this reason, Dr. Taleisnik meets with each patient at least two or three times prior to cosmetic surgery. Dr. Taleisnik always takes the time to understand the patient's specific situation, and to ensure that the patient is entirely comfortable regarding the upcoming procedure.
Monday through Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm
Breast Lift and Reduction
Breast Lift and Reduction
Your initial consultation, and subsequent consultations, will be provided only by Dr. Taleisnik, and never by a nurse or patient coordinator. Dr. Taleisnik will first review your general health, before proceeding to your specific cosmetic requests. The goals of the initial consultation are to determine the surgical procedures that are most appropriate for you, and to educate you completely regarding these procedures, so that you can make an informed, comfortable decision about your surgery. The goal of the second consultation is to individualize your specific surgical details and planning. If you will be having breast surgery, it is helpful to bring photographs of desired and undesired breast sizes and appearances. Measurements and photographs will usually be obtained at this evaluation. Above all, Dr. Taleisnik will spend whatever time is necessary to ensure that he understands your wishes and concerns as fully as possible, so that you will be extremely pleased with your appearance after surgery. He will review the risks of surgery, as well as your instructions before and after surgery, including your postoperative activity level. The possible use of an anesthetic pump postoperatively, to minimize discomfort, will be discussed. All of your questions will be answered. If additional questions arise, Dr. Taleisnik will meet with you, or speak with you by telephone, as many times as necessary. A final visit is usually scheduled several days prior to surgery, in order to ensure that your health is satisfactory for surgery, to provide prescriptions, to review all instructions, and to answer any final questions.
Cosmetic surgery procedures are most commonly performed at the La Veta Surgery Center, several blocks from Dr. Taleisnik's office. This facility specializes in cosmetic surgery, and has the most up-to-date equipment and instruments. Anesthesia is provided only by board-certified anesthesiologists, never by nurse anesthetists. If needed or desired, arrangements can be made for you to spend the first night at a recovery facility, with assistance from an experienced plastic surgery nurse. Procedures may also be performed at St. Joseph Hospital or at the St. Joseph Outpatient Pavilion, depending on your needs and wishes.
- Summa Cum Laude - Princeton University, 3.9 GPA, 1984
- MD - University of Califorinia Los Angeles, 3.95 GPA, 1988
- General Surgery Residency - University of Califorinia Los Angeles, 1988 - 1994
- Chief Resident General Surgery - University of Califorinia Los Angeles, 1993 - 1994
- Research Fellowship - University of Califorinia Los Angeles
- Awarded one of four national grants from the Plastic Surgery Educational Foundation
- Assisted in reconstructive surgeries for burned children - Shriner's Hospital in Los Angeles.
- Plastic Surgery Residency - University of Califorinia Los Angeles
- Hand and Microsurgery Fellowship - Hand Center of San Antonio
- Plastic Surgery Consultant - Long Beach Veterans' Hospital
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Plastic Surgery - UCI
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1999
- Certificate of added qualification in surgery of the hand. 2001
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Orange County Society of Plastic Surgeons
- California Medical Association
- Orange County Medical Association
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Southern California Society for Surgery of the Hand
- Assistant Clinical Professor in Plastic Surgery at UCI
- California Surgery of Plasric Surgeons
- St. Joseph Hospital, Orange, CA
- Western Medical Center, Santa Ana, CA
- Childrens Hospital of Orange County (CHOC), Orange, CA
- Main Street Specialty Surgery Center, Orange, CA
- La Veta Surgery Center, Orange, CA
- UCI Medical Center, Orange, CA