Monday through Friday 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Skin Cancer Surgery
As a patient your consultation begins when you call to make an appointment. The success of my practice is not only determined by my efforts as a surgeon but also by the efforts of my staff. I have excellent medical assistants, Sarah and Stacy. Sarah and Stacy care as deeply for our patients as I do. Both are pleasant, cheerful and work very hard towards the goal of providing happy patients with good results. Your initial appointment and your surgery will be scheduled in a timely fashion that is as convenient as possible for you. At your consultation Sarah or Stacy will first review your medical history with you. I will then speak with you, examine you, and discuss your options with you. We will look at pictures of my patients to help with your understanding of the procedure and your expectations. We try to be good listeners and give each patient all the time they need.
With breast surgery patients, Sarah will then spend time having the patients actually "try on" some breast implants to get an idea of post operative results. Sarah then works with the patients to obtain pre op lab work; other physician clearances if these are needed.
I have many former patients who are glad to talk to prospective patients about their own experiences and Sarah will connect the two parties if a patient so desires. This can be a great aid to understanding. Our billing specialist Susan, then works out the details of cost and authorization.
Once the consultation is over patients may call us back later with further questions. These calls are generally returned that day or the very next working day.
- M.D., John Hopkins University School of Medicine, Baltimore, MD, 1986
- Residency, Plastic Surgery, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, July 1991-June 1993
- Internship/Residency, Chief Resident General Surgery, University of Texas Southwestern Medical School Affiliated Hospitals, Parkland Memorial Hospital, Dallas, TX, 1986-1991
- B.A. (Engineering), Brown University, Providence, RI, 1982
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1995
- American Board of Surgery 1992
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Parkland Surgical Society
- The Jurkiewicz Society
- American College of Surgeons
- Maricopa County Medical Society
- Christian Medical & Dental Society
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ
- St. Joseph's Out Patient Facility, Phoenix, AZ
- Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center, Phoenix, AZ
- Good Samaritan Surgicenter, Phoenix, AZ