New Hope Office/Gastonia
Monday through Friday 8-5
Monday through Friday 8-5
Dr. Emerson is a board-certified plastic surgeon with
over 16 years of experience specializing in cosmetic and
reconstructive surgery of the breast, abdomen, and face.
He enjoys working with both cosmetic and reconstructive
patients and feels that the differing skills required for each
are complimentary to one another. Dr. Emerson understands
that each patient is unique, with different needs
and expectations. He is known for taking the time to listen
to each patient in striving to achieve his or her unique
goals. Dr. Emerson believes that superior results require
a combination of art, science, and good judgment.
He endeavors to create a youthful and natural look while
minimizing risk and maximizing comfort.
Dr. Emerson feels that the consultation is the time to learn as much as possible about your concerns, your options, and to build a trusting relationship. He realizes that many patients are anxious about the consultation and he therefore strives to put you at ease so that all of your questions are answered. Dr. Emerson usually spends at least thirty minutes learning about you and your goals and discussing treatment options to help you make an informed decision. He believes that each patient is unique and deserves individualized attention. Dr. Emerson will listen carefully to each of concerns to help you reach your goals. He wants his patients to be knowledgeable about their cosmetic concerns and the potential treatments.
Your complimentary consultation may be scheduled by simply calling the office and asking for Shannon. She is our patient care coordinator and will be able to answer most--if not all--of your questions. She will strive to find the best time for your individual consultation. You may also contact her at SVlaservich@PPSD.COM
Our state of the art, on-site, surgical facility is AAAASF accredited. The surgical suite is accredited and inspected for safety and adheres to strict standards. We emphasize patient privacy and safety. Our operating rooms are modern and well-equipped. Anesthesia is provided by Certified Nurse Anesthetists who specialize in outpatient cosmetic surgery. Our staff is ACLS accredited, experienced, and pleasant.
- Fellowship-University of California, Los Angeles, CA 1996-1997
- Residency-University of South Florida, Tampa: Plastic Surgery 1993-1996
- Residency-University of South Florida, Tampa, FL: General Surgery 1990-1993
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 1986-1990
- University of California at Santa Barbara 1982-1986: B.A. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1999
- Certificate of Added Qualifications, Surgery of the Hand 2000
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Surgery of the Hand
- North Carolina Medical Society
- Plastic Surgery Society of Greater Charlotte
- Caromont Regional Medical Center, Gastonia, NC
- Cleveland Regional Medical Center, Shelby, NC