Dr. Jerry W. Chang, a board certified plastic surgeon, has been with Long Island Plastic Surgical Group since 2010. Dr. Chang graduated with honors from Duke University in 1998 and received his MD from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri, graduating with honors in Plastic Surgery, General Surgery, Urology, and Obstetrics/Gynecology. In 2009, he completed a combined residency in General Surgery and Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery at Yale University in Connecticut, where he also served as Chief Administrative Resident. During this time, Dr. Chang received advanced training in Microvascular and Reconstructive Surgery, obtaining the Yale Microvascular Certificate. He was also awarded the Yale Plastic Surgery Scholastic Award in 2009. Dr. Chang pursued further training in Aesthetic Plastic Surgery at Harvard Medical School/Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston, Massachusetts, serving as Fellow and Junior Staff Attending, focusing on functional rhinoplasty, facial rejuvenation surgeries, as well as breast and body aesthetic surgery.
In 2007, Dr. Chang traveled abroad to Thailand as a medical volunteer with the non-profit volunteer organization, Changing Children’s Lives, Inc., where he treated children with facial deformities such as cleft lip and palates, facial deformities from burns, as well as congenital hand and feet deformities.
Dr. Chang performs cosmetic and reconstructive procedures, specializing in rhinoplasty, facial rejuvenation, lipo abdominoplasty, breast augmentation, and breast reconstruction, among other procedures. Dr. Chang is fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese. He has presented research findings on a national level and authored multiple publications.
Dr. Chang’s leisure activities include music, travel, art, film, sports and playing the guitar.
Long Island Plastic Surgical Group (LIPSG) was established in 1948 and maintains its reputation as one of the premier plastic surgery practices in the United States. LIPSG doctors are committed to the safest treatment possible and quality patient care. The practice operates a fully equipped surgical facility that has been accredited by the American Association for Accreditation of Ambulatory Surgery Facilities, Inc. LIPSG oversees nine Centers of Excellence within its practice, including Breast and Body Cosmetic Surgery; Non-invasive and Surgical Facial Rejuvenation; Post-Weight Loss Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgery; Breast Reconstruction Surgery; Skin Care and Age Management; Burns and Complex Wound Management; Facial Reanimation and Peripheral Nerve Repair; Microsurgery and Hand Reconstruction; and Pediatric Plastic and Craniofacial Surgery.
LIPSG embodies a philosophy of treatment designed to help you achieve your goals with a comprehensive choice of procedures, the highest standards of safety, advanced techniques, and compassionate care.
- Washington University, St. Louis
- Yale University, Residency in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons 2012
- Forest Hills Hospital (Forest Hills, NY)
- Franklin Hospital (Valley Stream, NY)
- Long Island Jewish Medical Center (New Hyde Park, NY)
- Mercy Medical Center (Rockville Centre, NY)
- Nassau University Medical Center (East Meadow, NY)
- New York Hospital Queens (Flushing, NY)
- North Shore University Hospital (Manhasset, NY)
- New York Methodist Hospital (Brooklyn, NY)
- South Nassau Communities Hospital (Oceanside, NY)
- Winthrop-University Hospital (Mineola, NY)
- Flushing Hospital Medical Center (Flushing, NY)
- Plainview Hospital (Plainview, NY)
- Syosset Hospital (Syosset, NY)
- St. Francis Hospital (Roslyn, NY)