After graduating medical school, Dr. Mark Wigod completed eight years of formal General Surgery Residency and Plastic Surgery Fellowship training. His extensive education allows him to perform both Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery and to treat the whole patient without being limited to one body part or technique. The ability and interest to perform a variety of procedures leads to creativity and resourcefulness. This helps Dr. Wigod to ultimately choose the most appropriate individual surgical solution and then achieve the best result for the patient.
For more information please see Dr. Wigod's extensive personal website at www.wigod.com.
Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
An operation can only be successful if the patient is satisfied with the result. Accordingly, Dr. Wigod consults with his patients about the desired anatomic change and motivation for undergoing surgery. He also explains the risks, benefits, and alternatives to the operation. He then performs the procedure in a safe environment and does not conclude until the optimal results he can achieve are obtained. After the operation, the surgeon and staff provide complete care including pain control, education, and problem solving. Dr. Wigod's training in General Surgery helps ensure his Cosmetic and Reconstructive surgeries are approached with caution and professionalism.
Dr. Wigod's office staff may provide you general information over the phone and then send appropriate brochures for you to read. If you schedule an appointment, all consultations are with the doctor and last until your questions are answered. Dr. Wigod hopes for the opportunity to help solve your Cosmetic or Reconstructive Surgery problem. Your satisfaction is his goal. For more information, please see Dr. Wigod's extensive personal website.
Dr. Wigod performs his Cosmetic Surgeries primarily in his on site accredited surgical suite. The facility is beautiful and supplies state of the art equipment. He also operates at St. Luke's Meridian Medical Center and St. Alphonsus Medical Center for both Cosmetic and Reconstructive Surgeries.
- Plastic Surgery Fellowship, Wake Forest University 1999-2001
- Hand Surgery Fellowship, Rush University 1998-1999
- General Surgery Residency, University of Colorado 1993 - 1998
- M.D., Duke University 1989-1993
- B.A., University of California at Berkeley 1985-1989
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 2002
- American Board of Surgery 1999
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- Faculty American College of Surgeons
- Northwest Society of Plastic Surgeons
- ADA County Medical Society
- Idaho Medical Association
- American Medical Association
- St. Lukes Meridian Medical Center - Boise, Idaho
- St. Lukes Downtown Medical Center - Boise, Idaho
- St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center - Boise, Idaho