A premium surgical center and a center of excellence are both products of exceptional people. This team should be collaborative, experienced, innovative, communicative, accountable and always on the cutting edge of surgical care. This team of professionals should treat each patient as an individual and develop treatment plans that suit that particular individual's needs. The approach should never be a cookie cutter, one size fits all method. This team should also practice excellent standards of care and continuously strive to improve on a daily basis. The objective should be to obtain optimal outcomes for each and every patient.
Our vision and passion at Suria Plastic Surgery is to be such a center of excellence. With the educational background, training background, and surgical experience, Dr.Kusuma and his team are dedicated to develop such a center of excellence here in South Florida. Plastic surgery in particular is a field that allows a skilled surgeon to combine science with art, technology with technical ability, passion with creativity. Dr.Kusuma strives to embody all these features in his practice on a daily basis. He is a perfectionist by nature, and always strives to get the optimal result for any situation. He does not rest until he does so.
He is very compassionate, caring and is a very good listener. As a matter of fact, he was honored by a patient as "the worlds most patient doctor". He understands surgery is as much physical as it is emotional. He treats the whole patient.
Once he becomes the physician of a patient, he is vested in the long term outcomes of the patient. He hopes to be his/her plastic surgeon for the rest of his career. He prides on developing long term relationships and lasting outcomes for patients. He follows up with patients very closely and is always available.
In these confusing times when there are marketing claims made on a daily basis as to the superiority of a particular technology, product or technique, Dr.Kusuma relies on science, peer reviewed research, and validation of technologies, products and techniques. He believes in educating patients with accurate information, and does not profess unsubstantiated claims. A large part of a consultation is spent on patient education, so that he and the patient can decide together on the appropriate course of action
Monday through Friday - 830am - 530pm
Saturday and Sunday - by request, special appointments
Outpatient Surgical Services - Plantation, Florida
Westside Regional Medical Center
Weston Outpatient Surgical Center
Suria Plastic Surgery P.L. - Plantation, Florida
- Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, Georgia - Medical School
- Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN - Residency
- Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio - Fellowship
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 2007
- American Board of Otolaryngology 2005
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- ASPS - American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- ASAPS - Candidate Member American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
- FMA - Florida Medical Society
- IPOF - Indian Physicians of South Florida
- ACS - American College of Surgeons
- Westside Regional Medial Center, Plantation, Florida
- Weston Outpatient Surgical Center
- Outpatient Surgical Services of Plantation