What's an MSO?
The PS² Management Services Organization (MSO) provides non-clinical practice management and administrative support services to individual physicians and group practices.
The MSO’s shared services model delivers a more effective, more efficient office support network—improved billing services, human resources and operations—so members and their staff have more time and money to attract clients, book surgeries and focus on patient care.
Challenges of Solo Practice
The majority of ASPS members are in solo practice, confronting issues such as:
- Average overhead expenses ranging from 50 to 65% and higher
- MACRA’s potential penalties and challenging reimbursement plans
- Increasing competition from non-board certified “cosmetic surgeons”
- Increasing competition from large multi-specialty groups
- Increasing time spent on administrative activities
When to Outsource
- Is your office manager overwhelmed?
- Is your staff taking on too many roles? (e.g., patient care coordinator/office manager or office manager/biller)
- Is your current billing company not meeting your needs? (i.e., average days in A/R excessively high, OR large outstanding receivables)
- Are you unsure of your HIPAA and/or OSHA compliance status?
- Do you have an employee handbook that all new hires sign?
- Do you need staffing assistance?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, PS² can help!