I'd like to help you achieve your personal best! In addition to the skill of the surgeon, successful surgery depends upon the doctor and patient working as a team. I'll take the time necessary to determine your needs, motivation, and if your expectations are likely to be met. I'll educate you about the nature of your condition, treatment options available and we can do together to help smooth the recovery and successful results.
About 2/3 of my practice is devoted to breast surgery and body contouring surgery. I perform breast augmentation, lift and reduction and have a broad experience in treating breast asymmetery. I have been performing fat transfer to the breast since 2012 for women who want a subtle and natural enhancement. I perform abdominoplasty and various body and thigh lifts as well as power assisted liposuction. I have a special interest in the treatment of hyperhidrosis (excessive underarm sweating) with Botox and surgical removal of the underarm sweat glands. I also have extensive experience with labioplasty, a procedure that trims the labia minora in women who have excess length of the labia.
About 1/3 of my practice is devoted to facial plastic surgery. I keep up to date on the latest techniques for facial rejuventation including minimally invasive procedures and fillers and Botox. I have trained extensively in the technique of Lipostructure where fat is removed from one area of the body and transferred to another area of the body or face.
My goal is to make your plastic surgery experience a great one, one that you would recommend to family and friends. It all starts with the initial consultation. During this session, you and I will get to know each other. I'll review your medical history, take a look at your area of concern and offer my recommendations. You may be nervous or embarrassed, but please relax. I've seen just about everything! I'll answer your questions and address your concerns. We'll give you written information about the procedures recommended as well as scheduling information and a cost estimate.
I charge $100 for the initial consultation. This is applied towards my surgeon's fee if you go forward with the procedure(s) recommended.
Once you've decided to have the procedure, I see you again at the preoperative visit, about two weeks before the surgery date. I'll do an exam, go over consent forms and instructions and give you your prescriptions and answer any additional questions. We check any necessary lab work at this time.
The day of surgery will be over before you know it. We will do everything we can to keep you comfortable with medication. We pay careful attention to your healing and provide gentle encouragement. Depending on your surgery, it maybe a few days to a few weeks for you to fully appreciate the benefits of surgery. Don't be afraid to ask questions or voice concerns. It's probably your first time and it's hard to know exactly what to except. I'll see you frequently during the early recovery period. I usually take postoperative photos at three months and then again at one year. By that time is usually seems like we are old friends!
- University of Washington B.S. 1977-1978
- University of Washington School of Medicine 1979-1983
- University of Utah - Surgery Residency 1983-1988
- University of Utah - Surgical Instructor 1988-1989
- University of Cincinnati Plastic Surgery Residency 1989-1991
- Plastic Surgery Associates, Miami Cosmetic Fellowship 1991
- Private Practice 1991- Present
- Continuing Medical Education - Extensive and Unending!
- American Board of Plastic Surgery 1993
- American Board of Surgery 1989
- Certificate of Added Qualification in Surgery of the Hand 1994
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
- Washington State Medical Association
- American College of Suggeons
- King County Medical Society
- Northwest Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Washington Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Alpha Omega Alpha
- Swedish Medical Center, Seattle, WA
- Madison Tower Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Seattle Surgery Center, Seattle, WA