Many patients considering liposuction have concerns over longevity. In fact, one of the most common questions concerning liposuction is "can fat return after my treatment?"
Medical literature in plastic surgery has suggested that the revision rate of rhinoplasty can be as high as 15 percent since it is one of the most difficult facial surgeries. For this reason, a prudent patient must scrutinize their surgeon's qualifications—e.g., training, experience, and board certifications.
- Five Questions to Ask Your Plastic Surgeon About Liposuction January 31 · Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD | Houston, TX
- Discover the Amazing Benefits of CoolSculpting January 26 · Anne Taylor, MD, MPH | Worthington, OH
- Skin Care Advice From A Plastic Surgeon January 23 · Smita R. Ramanadham, MD | Boston, MA
- Rejuvenate Your Breast Shape And Volume With Simultaneous Breast Lift And Augmentation January 19 · Jay Lucas, MD | Knoxville, TN
ASPS President Debra Johnson, MD, sent the following letter to Sen. Sanders' office on behalf of all board-certified plastic surgeons. The goal of this response is to educate the lawmaker about the true depth and breadth of the specialty – and perhaps open the door to further discussions about plastic surgery's vital role in the health-care system.
- Who Is Appropriately Qualified to Perform Cosmetic Surgery? 'Confusing Jargon' Contributes to Misperceptions January 31
- Body Dysmorphic Disorder May Be Under-Diagnosed in Patients Seeking Cosmetic Procedures January 31
- Round or 'Shaped' Breast Implants? Even Plastic Surgeons Can't Tell the Difference December 28
- Is Patient Satisfaction Relevant? Plastic Surgeons Call for Better Rating Tools December 28
ASPS Around the Web
- 3 Ways to Tighten Loose Skin Without Surgery February 28
- Home & Garden This Plastic Wrap Hack Is About to Blow Your Mind February 27
- ASAPS Las Vegas 2017 Symposium February 26
- 25 Secrets Plastic Surgeons Will Never Tell You February 25
- Health & Fit Cosmetic Surgeon Explains Which Procedures Aren't Worth Your Time February 24
- Botox use among millennials is skyrocketing: Are selfies to blame? February 23
- Facial Injectables Market : Latest Innovations, Drivers, Dynamics And Strategic Analysis, Challenges By 2024 February 23