In the Inaugural ASPS Insights and Trends Report, 80 percent of survey respondents said their patients sought combination procedures for longer-lasting results and shorter recovery times.
ASPS Plastic Surgery News
After the stress of the COVID-19 pandemic, a new national survey called the Inaugural ASPS Insights and Trends Report: Cosmetic Surgery 2022 finds many Americans are now investing in themselves through cosmetic procedures, despite an uncertain economy.
- How do diet and smoking affect plastic surgery recovery? September 20 · Kaitlin Clark | Freelance Writer
- Plastic surgery helps quadriplegic man continue his life's mission September 9 · Daisy Brumby | Freelance Writer
- Lip flips may have been trending on TikTok, but is it the right choice for you? September 6 · Madison Freeman | ASPS Staff
- Six things to know before booking a rhinoplasty August 30 · Kaitlin Clark | Freelance Writer
Although it is a classic procedure, the various techniques and technologies used to perform liposuction have evolved over the last few decades.
- Seven signs you need a breast implant revision August 10 · Daniel Y. Maman, MD | New York, NY
- What to do if your Botox gets "botched" July 21 · Eric R. Mariotti, MD | Concord, CA
- What will your mommy makeover scars look like? July 13 · Scot A. Martin, MD | Las Cruces, NM
- What does "drop and fluff" mean after breast augmentation? July 5 · Eric R. Mariotti, MD | Concord, CA
Facial recognition technology can quantify how effectively your procedure has refreshed your appearance. It may also help a surgeon assess a patient's pain level during surgery. Ask your plastic surgeon how your procedure may impact life in the digital world.
Nipple-sparing techniques can provide better outcomes for women undergoing breast reconstruction after mastectomy – but due to complication risks, these approaches are often not offered to women with sagging or larger breasts. For this group of patients, a 'batwing' incision may provide a safer option to nipple-sparing mastectomy (NSM), reports a study in the September issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery®, the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- Microneedling Improves Appearance of Surgical Scars – Especially If Performed Early August 30
- Few Patients Undergo Recommended MRI Screening After Silicone Implant Breast Surgery July 27
- What Are the Most Attractive Lips? More Attention Doesn’t Mean Most Beautiful July 27
- For Women Choosing a Breast Reconstruction Surgeon, Reputation Outweighs Demographics June 29