As you enjoy your well-deserved golden years, you may find yourself contemplating the fine lines, wrinkles and other signs of aging that you see when you look in the mirror. Maybe the reflection looking back at you doesn't match your vibrant mental picture of yourself.
ASPS Plastic Surgery News
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the world's largest plastic surgery organization, representing 92 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States, today released the 2022 results of the organization’s procedure research, along with partners, CosmetAssure and PatientNow.
- The future of beauty: How the introduction of artificial intelligence is shaping the landscape of plastic surgery November 20 · Ariel Frankeny | Freelance Writer
- A soldier wins the hardest battle with an invisible enemy November 17 · Niccole Caan | ASPS Staff
- How one woman went from cancer survivor to entrepreneur November 16 · Daisy Brumby | Freelance Writer
- Ozempic weight loss is affecting plastic surgery – here's how November 13 · Daisy Brumby | Freelance Writer
After undergoing a plastic surgery procedure, it is important to diligently follow all postoperative instructions provided by your plastic surgeon. One of the most critical aspects of those postoperative guidelines? Wearing the proper compression garments.
- Balancing motherhood and self-care: The role of mommy makeovers in reconnecting with yourself August 30 · Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS | Newport Beach, CA
- What are the benefits of combining breast augmentation and a breast lift? August 10 · Lawrence Iteld, MD | Chicago, IL
- When to consider plastic surgery reversal July 25 · David L. Kaufman, MD | Folsom, CA
- What are the most common signs of aging around the eyes, and what can be done about it? July 11 · Kevin J. Cross, MD | Philadelphia, PA
"It means I'm down a leg, but I get a life. Nothing has been worse because of my amputation. Everything, it's just been better... Doctors have to stop seeing amputation as a loss and start seeing it as a solution. That it can be a solution instead of fighting."
At a time when more men are considering body contouring and gluteal enhancement, an Internet survey provides new information on the "ideal" appearance of the male buttock, reports the December issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery®, the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- Evolving Trends in Cosmetic Breast Augmentation: New Data November 29
- Steven Williams, MD, Makes History as First African American President of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons October 29
- The Plastic Surgery Foundation Appoints Scot Bradley Glasberg, MD, FACS, New President October 29
- After Body Contouring, Bariatric Surgery Patients Regain More Weight Than Non-Bariatric Patients October 23