Body image is an issue most commonly discussed among women, but new statistics released by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reveal that it's a conversation that is emerging among men. More men are seeking help from plastic surgeons to enhance their looks and build confidence. In fact, more than 1.3 million cosmetic procedures were performed on men in 2017 alone.
ASPS Plastic Surgery News
The most important factor in plastic surgery – the one that determines your safety and outcome – is your choice of plastic surgeon. As thoughts of swimsuits at the beach can prompt resolutions for self-enhancement, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons is providing 8 essential tips for finding the right plastic surgeon and questions to ask during your consultation when considering surgical, as well as non-invasive, cosmetic treatments.
There are countless different types of facelifts, but the three of the most important terms for patients to understand are upper facelift, mid facelift and lower facelift.
- What is capsular contracture and how can it be treated? June 12 · Kevin Tehrani, MD | New York, NY
- Your checklist to a better tummy tuck June 5 · Shahram Salemy, MD | Seattle, WA
- Thinking about plastic surgery? Here is what you need to ask yourself before you go May 30 · Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD | Houston, TX
- Is a breast augmentation right for you? May 22 · Heather Rocheford, MD | Woodbury, MN
Computer-designed, 3D-printed models are emerging as a useful new tool for planning and carrying out cosmetic plastic surgery of the nose, reports a paper in the June issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery®, the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- Young Women at High Genetic Risk of Breast Cancer – Plastic Surgeons Play Key Role in Treatment May 31
- Skin Cancer Treatment? Think Plastic Surgery. May 15
- Platelet-Rich Plasma for Cosmetic Facial Procedures – Promising Results, but Evidence Has Limitations April 27
- Online Reviews of Plastic Surgeons – Study Looks at Differences Between Happy and Unhappy Patients April 27