A relatively new option in the world of plastic surgery, hair restoration is a unique group of procedures developed to permanently restore hair in areas of loss. This field is quickly growing in popularity and boasts one of the highest patient satisfaction rates.
ASPS Plastic Surgery News
American Society of Plastic Surgeons Breaks Down 2022 Plastic Surgery Trends Among Different DemographicsDecember 7
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the world's largest plastic surgery organization, representing 92 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States, has released supplemental data to its 2022 procedural statistics. The newest study breaks down data by age, gender and surgical fees.
- Road to wellness: Patients with higher BMI can benefit from liposuction coupled with a healthy lifestyle February 6 · Daisy Brumby | Freelance Writer
- There's more than one type of tummy tuck January 30 · Daisy Brumby | Freelance Writer
- Actress uses humor to conquer cancer's horror... twice January 26 · Niccole Caan | ASPS Staff
- Worried about surgery scars? Here are some tips January 25 · Daisy Brumby | Freelance Writer
As a parent, it can be scary when your little one needs surgery. Cleft lip and palate often necessitate surgery early in life. Fortunately, the outcome after surgery and additional therapies is usually excellent.
- Be aware of the risks and complications of silicone fillers January 24 · Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, Levon Karamanoukian & Emmanuel Emovon | Santa Monica, CA
- Why laser skin resurfacing is a powerful facial rejuvenation tool January 9 · Sean T. Doherty, MD | Brookline, MA
- How young is too young for plastic surgery? December 6 · Daniel Y. Maman, MD | New York, NY
- The importance of compression after plastic surgery September 25 · Daniel Y. Maman, MD | New York, NY
"They ended up going in six times, and they just slowly cut off half of my nose. I remember calling my agent while I was in there going, 'I'm not going to be able to shoot next week because I have half a nose.'"
A newly developed neural network is highly accurate in identifying key landmarks important in breast surgery – opening the potential for objective assessment of breast symmetry, suggests a study in the February issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery®, the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- Early Nerve Intervention Reduces Pain and Complications After Amputation December 21
- Trends in Abdominoplasty: More Outpatient Surgery and Concomitant Liposuction December 21
- Plastic Surgeons Ask: What’s the Ideal Male Buttock? November 29
- Evolving Trends in Cosmetic Breast Augmentation: New Data November 29