The mommy makeover has become incredibly popular over the last decade as it allows plastic surgeons to address multiple problem areas in a single surgery.
ASPS Plastic Surgery News
"There are so many things with breast cancer treatment that you can't control, and I felt with plastic surgery I was able to take back some control and have the ability to look and feel like myself."
Also known as male breast reduction, gynecomastia surgery removes excess fat in the chest as well as problematic glandular tissue.
- Why facelifts are growing more popular with younger people October 13 · John LeRoy, MD | Atlanta, GA
- What are stretch marks and what can you do to get rid of them? October 1 · Ashley Amalfi, MD | Rochester, NY
- Are you a good candidate for a mommy makeover? September 15 · Shahram Salemy, MD FACS | Seattle, WA
- What you need to know about breast augmentation revision September 9 · Frederic Corbin, MD | Beverly Hills, CA
For many women, macromastia, or overly large breasts, is more than just an aesthetic issue – it's also a health concern. Large breasts can cause discomfort and pain in the shoulders, neck and back. The medical condition can also cause rashes, interfere with physical activities and even cause upper extremity numbness, tingling and headaches.
- Bone Growth After Pediatric Hand Transplant Is Major Milestone in Reconstructive Surgery November 23
- Get on the Grid: 'Micro-Doses' of Botox Provide Up-Close Improvement of Facial Skin October 26
- Why a "Board-Certified Cosmetic Surgeon" Isn't a Plastic Surgeon, and What That Means for You October 26
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons Names Joseph E. Losee, MD, FACS, FAAP, as New President October 18