The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the world's largest organization of board-certified plastic surgeons, named Joseph E. Losee, MD, FACS, FAAP, as its new president.
ASPS Plastic Surgery News
The Plastic Surgery Foundation (The PSF), which supports the research and international activities of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), named Gayle Gordillo, MD, FACS, as its new president.
The best way to address common concerns around the eyes and forehead? That depends. ASPS member Alan Matarasso, MD, FACS, explains the difference between eyelid surgery and a brow lift – the relationship between the brow dropping and extra skin on the upper lid.
Also known as male breast reduction, gynecomastia surgery removes excess fat in the chest as well as problematic glandular tissue.
- Why facelifts are growing more popular with younger people October 13 · John LeRoy, MD | Atlanta, GA
- What are stretch marks and what can you do to get rid of them? October 1 · Ashley Amalfi, MD | Rochester, NY
- Are you a good candidate for a mommy makeover? September 15 · Shahram Salemy, MD FACS | Seattle, WA
- What you need to know about breast augmentation revision September 9 · Frederic Corbin, MD | Beverly Hills, CA
Botulinum toxin – best known by the brand name Botox – is a popular treatment to reduce facial lines and wrinkles. Over the years, plastic surgeons have explored alternative approaches to maximize effectiveness while minimizing side effects of botulinum toxin injection, including smaller doses and more-diluted concentrations.
- Why a "Board-Certified Cosmetic Surgeon" Isn't a Plastic Surgeon, and What That Means for You October 26
- The Psychosocial Benefits of Plastic Surgery for Young Women With Congenital Breast Asymmetry September 23
- Can You Paint Your Migraine? September 23
- New Study Explores Symptomatology, Quality of Life Before and After Labiaplasty August 26