In an age of selfies and constant social media sharing, a growing number of teenagers are undergoing plastic surgery to alter their appearance. According to ASPS statistics, about 229,000 cosmetic procedures were performed on teenagers last year, though research by board-certified plastic surgeons found that very few guidelines are in place to ensure teen plastic surgeries are performed appropriately.
ASPS Plastic Surgery News
Body image is an issue most commonly discussed among women, but new statistics released by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reveal that it's a conversation that is emerging among men. More men are seeking help from plastic surgeons to enhance their looks and build confidence. In fact, more than 1.3 million cosmetic procedures were performed on men in 2017 alone.
A patient advocate for breast reconstructions recounts her experience at Plastic Surgery The Meeting in 2016 and explains why she keeps coming back.
- How a nonsurgical rhinoplasty can provide amazing results September 18 · Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD | Houston, TX
- How strong and resilient are breast implants? September 14 · Shahram Salemy, MD | Seattle, WA
- How long do breast lift results last? September 12 · Alexander Nein, MD | Nashville, TN
- What hair loss treatments are available for women? September 7 · Christine Stiles, MD | Frisco, TX
More than 3,000 plastic surgeons, trainees and other allied professionals will convene in Chicago Sept. 28 – Oct. 1 for Plastic Surgery The Meeting 2018 – the premier educational and networking event in plastic surgery.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons works to secure passage of the Ensuring Lasting Smiles Act through Congress August 30
- Patient Satisfaction with Plastic Surgery – It's the Surgeon, Not the Practice August 28
- Plastic Surgery Societies Issue Urgent Warning About the Risks Associated with Brazilian Butt Lifts August 6
- Implants Made by Computer-Aided Design Provide Good Results in Patients with Rare Chest Muscle Deformity July 30