For the first time, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) is reporting on the number of gender confirmation surgeries in the United States. ASPS—the world’s largest plastic surgery organization—found that more than 3,200 transfeminine and transmasculine surgeries were performed in 2016. The procedures can include anything from facial and body contouring to gender reassignment surgeries.
ASPS Plastic Surgery News
The newest statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) show that male cosmetic procedures are steadily on the rise.
- Mommy makeover – how much does it cost? July 19 · Christopher Knotts, MD | Reston, VA
- Tummy tuck for men July 18 · Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS | Beverly Hills, CA
- Silicone vs saline breast implants July 14 · Karen Horton, MD, FACS, FRCSC | San Francisco, CA
- Breast reconstruction options after a mastectomy July 12 · Daniel Liu, MD | Zion, IL
When Plastic Surgery The Meeting takes place in Orlando, Fla., on Oct. 6-10, a film crew will be present to document highlights of the world’s largest meeting of plastic surgeons.
- Rhinoplasty pioneer Jack Gunter, MD, passes at age 79 July 13
- Plastic Surgery Specialty Organizations Band Together for Cleft and Craniofacial Awareness Month July 10
- Freezing Fat Cells Is an Effective Treatment for 'Saddlebags' June 28
- Medical Tourism for Cosmetic Surgery High Risk of Complications, High Costs for Treatment June 28