For most, a cancer diagnosis is a life-altering event that happens once. For Cinde Dolphin, it became an all too familiar adversary, striking not once but multiple times. It wasn't just her resilience in the face of repeated cancer battles that was remarkable. Dolphin also designed an innovative solution for patients because of her challenges with postsurgical drains.
ASPS Plastic Surgery News
The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the world's largest plastic surgery organization, representing 92 percent of all board-certified plastic surgeons in the United States, today released the 2022 results of the organization’s procedure research, along with partners, CosmetAssure and PatientNow.
- Ozempic weight loss is affecting plastic surgery – here's how November 13 · Daisy Brumby | Freelance Writer
- Subtle elegance: Achieving natural-looking results after 55 November 10 · Daisy Brumby | Freelance Writer
- The remarkable journey to build a nose November 9 · Daisy Brumby | Freelance Writer
- The hair restoration revolution: Addressing male pattern baldness November 7 · Kayla Peterson | Freelance Writer
After undergoing a plastic surgery procedure, it is important to diligently follow all postoperative instructions provided by your plastic surgeon. One of the most critical aspects of those postoperative guidelines? Wearing the proper compression garments.
- Balancing motherhood and self-care: The role of mommy makeovers in reconnecting with yourself August 30 · Siamak Agha, MD, PhD, FACS | Newport Beach, CA
- What are the benefits of combining breast augmentation and a breast lift? August 10 · Lawrence Iteld, MD | Chicago, IL
- When to consider plastic surgery reversal July 25 · David L. Kaufman, MD | Folsom, CA
- What are the most common signs of aging around the eyes, and what can be done about it? July 11 · Kevin J. Cross, MD | Philadelphia, PA
"It means I'm down a leg, but I get a life. Nothing has been worse because of my amputation. Everything, it's just been better... Doctors have to stop seeing amputation as a loss and start seeing it as a solution. That it can be a solution instead of fighting."
Steven Williams, MD, Makes History as First African American President of the American Society of Plastic SurgeonsOctober 29
Steven Williams, MD, board-certified plastic surgeon and founder of Tri Valley Plastic Surgery in Dublin, Calif., was named president of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the world’s largest organization of board-certified plastic surgeons.
- The Plastic Surgery Foundation Appoints Scot Bradley Glasberg, MD, FACS, New President October 29
- After Body Contouring, Bariatric Surgery Patients Regain More Weight Than Non-Bariatric Patients October 23
- Artificial Intelligence May Help Predict Infection Risks After Implant-Based Breast Reconstruction October 23
- The 12th Annual Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day USA Returns October 18 to Increase Recognition of Patient Options with Education, Events and Fundraisers October 18