Body image is an issue most commonly discussed among women, but new statistics released by the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reveal that it's a conversation that is emerging among men. More men are seeking help from plastic surgeons to enhance their looks and build confidence. In fact, more than 1.3 million cosmetic procedures were performed on men in 2017 alone.
ASPS Plastic Surgery News
The most important factor in plastic surgery – the one that determines your safety and outcome – is your choice of plastic surgeon. As thoughts of swimsuits at the beach can prompt resolutions for self-enhancement, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons is providing 8 essential tips for finding the right plastic surgeon and questions to ask during your consultation when considering surgical, as well as non-invasive, cosmetic treatments.
Take advantage of the summer months to stock up on some of these great minimally invasive skin and body treatments so you can look and feel your best while the weather is at its most gorgeous!
- Why today's breast augmentation is better than ever July 17 · Jennifer Harrington, MD| Minneapolis, MN
- When is the time right for body contouring after major weight loss? July 13 · David Kaufman, MD | Folsom, CA
- Everything you need to know about getting a facelift July 10 · Richard Rand, MD | Bellevue, WA
- The added benefit of nonsurgical vaginal rejuvenation June 29 · Jennifer Harrington, MD | Minneapolis, MN
Routine assessment by an endocrinologist and laboratory tests to measure hormone levels aren't necessary in most adolescent boys with gynecomastia (male breast enlargement), concludes a study in the July issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery®, the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- Complication of 'Fat Freezing' Procedure May Be More Common Than Thought June 28
- Custom 3D-Printed Models Help Plastic Surgeons Plan and Perform Rhinoplasty May 31
- Young Women at High Genetic Risk of Breast Cancer – Plastic Surgeons Play Key Role in Treatment May 31
- Skin Cancer Treatment? Think Plastic Surgery. May 15