A new report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) reveals that Americans spent more than $16.5 billion on cosmetic plastic surgery and minimally invasive procedures in 2018, a four percent increase from the previous year.
ASPS Plastic Surgery News
After you've decided to have plastic surgery and you’ve chosen a great plastic surgeon, you're probably going to get a great result, right? Actually, there is someone else just as essential to a great outcome – you!
- Are you a good candidate for breast augmentation? April 16 · Shahram Salemy, MD FACS | Seattle, WA
- A plastic surgery Q&A with ASPS President Alan Matarasso, MD, FACS April 9 · Alan Matarasso, MD, FACS | New York, NY
- What can men expect during their dermal fillers recovery? April 5 · Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD | Houston, TX
- Why plastic surgery tourism isn't necessarily a good deal March 29 · Shahram Salemy, MD FACS | Seattle, WA
Even with a good diet and workout routine, some men and women have trouble getting the toned abdominal appearance they want. For these patients, a technique called abdominal etching can help in creating the classic "six-pack abs" physique in men or three-vertical-line abdomen in women, reports a study in the April issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery®, the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- No Increase in Complications with 'Tummy Tuck' in Obese Patients March 28
- New Plastic Surgery Statistics Reveal Trends Toward Body Enhancement March 11
- More Women Are Training to Be Plastic Surgeons, but Racial/Ethnic Representation Still Lags Behind February 27
- Online Reviews After 'Tummy Tuck' – Cosmetic Results Aren't the Only Factor Affecting Positive Ratings February 27