A new report from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) reveals that Americans spent more than $16.5 billion on cosmetic plastic surgery and minimally invasive procedures in 2018, a four percent increase from the previous year.
ASPS Plastic Surgery News
As summer approaches, you may be starting to think about getting yourself ready for the beach. For some, this may mean having a breast augmentation.
- What is an ultrasonic rhinoplasty? May 14 · Manish Shah, MD | Denver, CO
- Five questions to ask during your breast augmentation consultation May 7 · Ravi Somayazula, DO | Houston, TX
- Helping to demystify the tummy tuck May 3 · Emily McLaughlin, MD | Fort Worth, TX
- Enhancing breast augmentation results April 30 · Vincent Marin, MD | La Jolla, CA
Even with a good diet and workout routine, some men and women have trouble getting the toned abdominal appearance they want. For these patients, a technique called abdominal etching can help in creating the classic "six-pack abs" physique in men or three-vertical-line abdomen in women, reports a study in the April issue of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery®, the official medical journal of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS).
- No Increase in Complications with 'Tummy Tuck' in Obese Patients March 28
- New Plastic Surgery Statistics Reveal Trends Toward Body Enhancement March 11
- More Women Are Training to Be Plastic Surgeons, but Racial/Ethnic Representation Still Lags Behind February 27
- Online Reviews After 'Tummy Tuck' – Cosmetic Results Aren't the Only Factor Affecting Positive Ratings February 27