Hale Tolleth, MD, taught his renowned sculpture course to plastic surgeons for more than 40 years and also dedicated his time serving people in need through plastic surgery mission trips to Africa, Colombia, Honduras, The Philippines and Solomon Islands, among other nations.
ASPS Plastic Surgery News
Many women are being educated about breast reconstruction when the discussion about mastectomy is taking place.Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day can help close this gap in education.
- BRA Day USA is Wednesday, Oct. 18 October 12 · Karen Horton, MD, FACS, FRCSC | San Francisco, CA
- Recovery after DIEP flap breast reconstruction October 4 · Minas Chrysopoulo, MD | San Antonio, TX
- What's trending in breast augmentation? October 3 · Kevin Tehrani, MD | New York, NY
- Debunking common plastic surgery myths September 29 · Rod Rohrich, MD, FACS | Dallas, TX
Jeffrey E. Janis, MD, Columbus, Ohio, professor and executive vice chairman of the Department of Plastic Surgery at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, was named president of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), the world's largest organization of board-certified plastic surgeons and foremost authority on cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
- Arun Gosain, MD, elected President of The Plastic Surgery Foundation October 9
- Mentor Pledges Support for Breast Reconstruction Awareness Day October 3
- Women Underrepresented in Plastic Surgery October 2
- Plastic Surgeons Get Tips on Managing Opioid Addiction Risk September 28