What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion treatments use a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand your skin, removing the thicker, uneven outer layer. This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun damage, and stretch marks.
Imagine a very fine sand blaster and you'll get a picture of how microdermabrasion works. It uses microparticles, or a diamond-tipped wand, to remove the top layer (epidermis) of your skin and stimulate new skin growth. Microdermabrasion helps to thicken your collagen, which results in a younger looking complexion. Collagen is a protein in your skin that's abundant when you're a child and makes skin appear taut and smooth. Collagen production declines as we age, resulting in looser, uneven skin.
- Improve age spots and black heads.
- Improve hyperpigmentation (patches of darkened skin).
- Exfoliate your skin, resulting in a refreshed appearance.
- Lessen the appearance of stretch marks.
- Reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
- Reduce or eliminate enlarged pores.Treat acne and the scars left by acne.