Prices for elective procedures can vary. The cost for a chemical peel may be based on the expertise and qualifications of the person performing the procedure, type of chemical peel performed, time and effort the procedure or treatment requires, and the geographic location of the office. Many plastic surgeons offer patient financing plans, so be sure to ask. Additional fees may include:
- Anesthesia fees
- Prescriptions for medication
- Facility costs
Be sure to ask your surgeon about all costs involved in your procedure.
Your satisfaction involves more than a fee:
When choosing a plastic surgeon, remember that the surgeon's experience and your comfort with him or her are just as important as the final cost of the surgery.
Plastic surgery involves many choices. The first and most important is selecting an American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) member you can trust. ASPS member surgeons are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS). ASPS member surgeons meet rigorous standards:
- Board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) or in Canada by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada®
- Complete at least six years of surgical training following medical school with a minimum of three years of plastic surgery residency training
- Complete continuing medical education, including patient safety each year
- Perform surgery in accredited, state-licensed, or Medicare-certified surgical facilities
Do not be confused by other official sounding boards and certifications.
The ABPS is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), which has approved medical specialty boards since 1934. There is no ABMS recognized certifying board with "cosmetic surgery" in its name. By choosing a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, you can be assured that you are choosing a qualified, highly-trained plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the ABPS or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
This procedural information is intended strictly for educational purposes. Only models are depicted in these procedural information pages. It is not intended to make any representations or warranties about the outcome of any procedure. It is not a substitute for a thorough, in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.