Cost is always a consideration in an elective procedure or treatment. The cost of polyalkyimide fillers vary due to the expertise and qualifications of the practitioner, the type of procedure used, time and effort the procedure or treatment requires, as well as geographic office location. Patient financing plans may be available. Additional fees may include:
- Surgical facility costs
- Anesthesia fees
- Prescriptions for medication
Be sure to ask your surgeon about all costs involved in your procedure. Most health insurance does not cover cosmetic surgery or its complications.
Your satisfaction involves more than a fee:
Plastic surgery and cosmetic procedures involve many choices. By selecting an American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS) member, you can trust that they have met rigorous standards:
- Board certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS) or in Canada by The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada®
- Complete at least six years of surgical training following medical school with a minimum of three years of plastic surgery residency training
- Pass comprehensive oral and written exams
- Graduate from an accredited medical school
- Complete continuing medical education, including patient safety each year
- Perform surgery in accredited, state-licensed, or Medicare-certified surgical facilities
Do not be confused by other official sounding boards and certifications.
The ABPS is recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties (ABMS), which has approved medical specialty boards since 1934. There is no ABMS recognized certifying board with "cosmetic surgery" in its name. By choosing a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons, you can be assured that you are choosing a qualified, highly trained plastic surgeon who is board-certified by the ABPS or The Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
This procedural information is intended strictly for educational purposes. Only models are depicted in these procedural information pages. It is not intended to make any representations or warranties about the outcome of any procedure. It is not a substitute for a thorough, in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon