What are the risks of arm lift surgery?
The decision to have plastic surgery is extremely personal, and you'll have to decide if the benefits, risks and potential complications of arm lift surgery are acceptable.
You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure.
Arm lift surgery risks include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Damage to deeper structures such as nerves, blood vessels and muscles
- Fatty tissue under the skin might die (fat necrosis)
- Fluid accumulation (seroma)
- Numbness or other changes in skin sensation
- Pain, which may persist
- Poor wound healing
- Possible need for revisional surgery
- Sutures may not absorb, but spontaneously surface through the skin, causing irritation, drainage and redness
- Unsightly scarring
These risks and others will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It's important that you address all your questions directly with your plastic surgeon.