Aesthetic surgery can do as much for self-image as well as for appearance. Refinements from cosmetic surgery often produce positive changes in self awareness and attitude that can be perceived and appreciated by you and those around you. My goal is to produce subtle but exciting changes. An overdone look or a surgical appearance is never something I try to create with my patients.
The decision to change your appearance requires realistic expectations in addition to a thorough knowledge of the surgical process. It is my desire to help you achieve both. Together, we will discuss all aspects of your procedure.
As an undergraduate, I studied art and art history. Learning about classical art laid down a foundation for my aesthetic. Throughout history, simple and subtle beauty has prevailed. My aesthetic is based on this. In all aspects of my practice, my goal is to create a simple and attractive beauty.
I encourage questions during your consultation with me and understand that you need to take time to make your decision. It is the time you spend with your plastic surgeon before the operation that is important. You and your surgeon must share the same aesthetic. Through honest discussions about realistic expectations and goals, I know we both will achieve a great result.
I look forward to meeting you!
- Dedham High School, Dedham, MA, 1989
- Columbia College, Columbia University, NY, NY, BA: Art History, Pre-Med, 1993
- Tufts University School of Medicine, Boston, MA, MD, 2000
- American Board of Plastic Surgery NULL
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Sugery
- American Society for Laser in Medicine and Surgery
- Massachusetts Society of Plastic Surgeons
- American College of Surgeons
- Emerson Hospital, Concord, MA
- Lahey Clinic, Burlington, MA
- Beth Isreal Deaconess, Needham, MA
- New England Baptist Hospital, Boston, MA
- The Boston Center, 170 Commonwealth Avenue, Boston, MA
- Boston Center for Facial Rejuvenation, Brookline, MA
Having cosmetic surgery can be a very intimate, sensitive subject yet Dr. Doherty has a way to keep you totally at ease. He explains his recommendations and answers any questions, double checking to make sure you understand. He is totally approachable, easy to talk to and has a great sense of humor
I have referred many friends to him for several different procedures and all are so pleased with their results. Mostly, it has been nice to trust him to always make me feel comfortable with our treatment plan. Next year, I am planning to have upper eyelid surgery and I would not give a thought to having anyone other then Dr Doherty perform my surgery.
I look back and wonder why I waited so long to get help with my problem areas. I would do it again 100 times over. The recovery was a breeze since it was done under local. I was back to work in 2 days and just had some minor soreness. I do not believe there is a better surgeon around, he is THE BEST!