Do Your Homework
Selecting a board-certified plastic surgeon to perform your procedure is an important step in achieving your optimal surgical outcome safely. Doing your homework means understanding your procedure, having trust in your surgeon and assuring your surgical facility is safe and accredited.
Choose a Surgeon You Can Trust
Plastic surgery involves many choices. The first and most important is selecting a surgeon you can trust.
Choosing an ASPS Member Surgeon ensures that you have selected a physician who:
- Has completed at least five years of surgical training with a minimum of two years in plastic surgery.
- Is trained and experienced in all plastic surgery procedures, including breast, body, face and reconstruction.
- Operates only in accredited medical facilities
- Adheres to a strict code of ethics.
- Fulfills continuing medical education requirements, including standards and innovations in patient safety.
- Is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery® (ABPS) or in Canada by the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada®.
ASPS Member Surgeons are your partners in cosmetic and reconstructive plastic surgery. Look for the ASPS Member Surgeon logo.