Questions to Ask
Be sure to ask questions, and don't be shy about discussing any concerns.
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Were you specifically trained in the field of plastic surgery? Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- Am I a good candidate for polylactic acid?
- What will be expected of me to get the best results?
- Who will perform the polylactic acid injections?
- Have they been specifically trained in this procedure?
- Where and how will you perform my procedure or treatment?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect?
- What are the risks and possible complications associated with my procedure?
- How can I expect to look over time?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure?
- What results are reasonable for me?