Dermal fillers cost
The average cost of dermal fillers vary. The following is a list of the average cost of several popular types of dermal fillers, according to 2014 statistics from the American Society of Plastic Surgeons:
- Calcium hydroxylapatite (e.g., Radiesse): $623
- Porcine/bovine-based (e.g., Evolence, Zyderm, Zyplast): $467
- Human-based (e.g., Cosmoderm, Cosmoplast, Cymetra): $544
- Fat: $1,791
- Hyaluronic acid (e.g., Juvederm Ultra, Juvederm Ultra Plus, Perlane, Restylane): $590
- Polylactic acid (e.g., Sculptra): $778
- Polymethyl-methacrylate microspheres (e.g., Artefill): $867
The fees listed above are averages only. Your plastic surgeon will determine what you need and what it will cost.
Health insurance does not cover dermal fillers, but many plastic surgeons offer patient financing plans, so be sure to ask.
Be safe: Choose a professional
Although tissue augmentation is a quick, in-office procedure that can produce a marked improvement in restoring facial fullness and a more youthful appearance, effective and safe use requires a physician with specialized training and a thorough understanding of facial anatomy to recommend and inject an appropriate filler.
Choosing a plastic surgeon to treat your face with injectable fillers means that your treatment will be performed by someone who not only has training in injection therapy, but in all types of non-surgical and surgical facial rejuvenation.
Find a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area.