Facial implant words to know
- Biocompatible materials: Synthetic or natural material used in facial implants and designed to function along with living tissue.
- External incisions: Surgical incisions made on the surface of your skin.
- General anesthesia: Drugs and/or gases used during an operation to relieve pain and alter consciousness.
- Intraoral incisions: Surgical incisions made inside the mouth.
- Intravenous sedation: Sedatives administered by injection into a vein to help you relax.
- Local anesthesia: A drug injected directly to the site of an incision during an operation to relieve pain.