What should I expect during a consultation for facial implants?
During your facial implants consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs
- Discuss your options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of facial implant surgery and any risks or potential complications
Be sure to ask questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon during your facial implants consultation.
It's very important to understand all aspects of your facial implant surgery. It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.