Your rhinoplasty consultation
During your rhinoplasty consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals, with regard to both appearance and breathing
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, and previous medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco, and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your rhinoplasty surgeon may also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- The options available to you for nose reshaping
- Examine and measure your face
- Take photographs
- Discuss your nose surgery options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of a nose surgery and any risks or potential complications
Be sure to ask questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your rhinoplasty surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It’s very important to understand all aspects of your rhinoplasty procedure. It’s natural to feel some anxiety, whether it’s excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don’t be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.