What should I expect during a consultation for body contouring?
During your body contouring consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and previous medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will:
- Evaluate your general health and any preexisting health conditions or risk factors
- Examine your body and take detailed measurements
- Take photographs for your medical record
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of body contouring and any risks or potential complications
The success and safety of your procedure depend on your complete candidness during your consultation. Be sure to ask questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your body contouring surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It's very important to understand all aspects of your body contouring procedure. It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing any concerns with your plastic surgeon.