Breast Implant Revision
The goal of breast implant revision surgery is to replace old breast implants with new implants.
What should I expect during a consultation for breast implant revision?
During your breast implant revision consultation, be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine your existing breast implants
- Take photographs
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of breast implant revision surgery and any risks or potential complications
The success and safety of your breast implant revision procedure depends very much on your complete candidness during your consultation. You'll be asked a number of questions about your health, desires and lifestyle.
Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions. It's very important to understand all aspects of your breast implant revision surgery. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.