Buccal Fat Removal
The goal of buccal fat removal surgery is to thin the cheeks, specifically in the area of the cheek hollows.
What should I expect during a consultation for buccal fat removal?
During your buccal fat removal consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine your face
- Take photographs
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of buccal fat removal surgery and any risks or potential complications
The success and safety of your buccal fat removal surgery procedure depends very much on your complete candidness during your consultation. You'll be asked a number of questions about your health, desires and lifestyle.
Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions. It's very important to understand all aspects of your buccal fat removal surgery. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.