What should I expect during a consultation for neck lift surgery?
During your neck lift surgery consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your neck lift surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Discuss your rejuvenation options
- Examine and measure your face
- Take photographs
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of a neck lift and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss the type of anesthesia that will be used
Be sure to ask questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your neck lift surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It's very important to understand all aspects of your neck lift. It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.