What should I expect during a consultation for nonsurgical aesthetic genital procedures?
Before embarking on any nonsurgical aesthetic genital procedure, establish your goals and review them at the time of your consultation. The radiofrequency and the laser procedures may be performed by a nurse or physician's assistant, but it's important to choose the practice of a board-certified plastic surgeon. Sometimes nonsurgical options are inadequate to deliver results and surgery may be warranted.
During your consultation for nonsurgical aesthetic genital procedures be prepared to discuss:
- Your treatment goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous treatments and/or surgeries
Your surgeon may also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs
- Discuss your options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of nonsurgical aesthetic genital procedures and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss the use of anesthesia during your nonsurgical aesthetic genital procedure
Be sure to ask questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It's very important to understand all aspects of your nonsurgical aesthetic genital procedures. It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.