Nonsurgical Fat Reduction
Minimally Invasive Procedures
Nonsurgical or minimally invasive options for fat reduction include technology that uses heat, cooling or an injected medication to reduce fat cells.
What should I expect during a consultation for nonsurgical fat reduction?
As with any plastic surgery procedure, if you're considering a nonsurgical fat reduction, do your homework before scheduling surgery. Start by looking for a board-certified plastic surgeon with good before-and-after photos. Advance preparation is an investment in your final outcome.
Even though treatments may be offered by non-plastic surgeons, only a board-certified plastic surgeon is trained to perform the best procedure to help you achieve your goal, whether surgical or nonsurgical.
During your nonsurgical fat reduction consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs
- Discuss your nonsurgical fat reduction options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of nonsurgical fat reduction and any risks or potential complications
The consultation is the time to ask your plastic surgeon questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon that you can take with you to your nonsurgical fat reduction consultation.
It's very important to understand all aspects of your nonsurgical fat reduction procedure. It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.