What should I expect during a consultation for skin rejuvenation and resurfacing?
During your skin rejuvenation and resurfacing consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous cosmetic treatments
Your surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Discuss your skin rejuvenation and resurfacing options
- Examine your face
- Take photographs
- Discuss likely outcomes of skin rejuvenation and any risks or potential complications
Skin rejuvenation and resurfacing may be performed in an accredited office-based surgical facility.
Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask during your skin rejuvenation and resurfacing consultation.
It's very important to understand all aspects of your procedure. It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of pre-treatment stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.