What questions should I ask my plastic surgeon about spider vein treatment?
Use this checklist as a guide during your spider vein treatment consultation:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- How many procedures of this type have you performed?
- Am I a good candidate for this procedure?
- Where and how will you perform my procedure?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my spider vein treatment?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for each procedure and what results are reasonable for me?