Who is a good candidate for breast reduction surgery?
Breast reduction is a highly individualized procedure. You should do it for yourself, not to fulfill someone else's desires or to try to fit any sort of ideal image.
Overly large breasts can cause health and emotional problems. In addition to self-image issues, you may also experience physical pain and discomfort. The weight of excess breast tissue can impair your ability to lead an active life. The emotional discomfort and self-consciousness often associated with having large pendulous breasts can be as important an issue as the physical discomfort and pain.
Ideal candidates for breast reduction are:
- Bothered by the feeling that their breasts are too large
- Struggling with physical activity due to the size of their breasts
- Experiencing back, neck and shoulder pain caused by the weight of their breasts
- Suffering from shoulder indentations caused by bra straps and/or have skin irritation beneath the breast crease
- Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
- Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for breast reduction