What should I expect during a consultation for breast implant removal?
During your breast implant removal consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine your breasts
- Take photographs
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of breast implant removal surgery and any risks or potential complications
The success and safety of your breast implant removal procedure depend very much on your complete candidness during your consultation. You'll be asked a number of questions about your health, desires and lifestyle.
Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions. It's very important to understand all aspects of your breast implant removal surgery. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It's natural to feel some anxiety. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.