What are the risks of a brow lift?
The decision to have plastic surgery is extremely personal. You will have to decide if the surgery will achieve your goals and if the risks and potential complications of a brow lift are acceptable.
You will be asked to sign consent forms to ensure that you fully understand the procedure and any risks and potential complications.
Brow lift surgery risks include:
- Anesthesia risks
- Elevated hairline
- Eye irritation or dryness
- Facial asymmetry
- Facial nerve injury with weakness or paralysis
- Fluid accumulation
- Loss of hair around the incisions
- Numbness or other changes in skin sensation or intense itching
- Pain, which may persist
- Poor wound healing
- Possibility of revision surgery
- Rare risk of deep venous thrombosis (blood clots) that can result in pulmonary embolism with chest pain and shortness of breath
- Skin loss
- Unfavorable scarring
These risks and others will be fully discussed prior to your consent. It's important that you address all your questions directly with your plastic surgeon.