What should I expect during a consultation for a chemical peel?
During your chemical peel consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, medical treatments and smoking history
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries or treatments
Your surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Discuss likely outcomes and any risks or potential complications
Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask during your chemical peel consultation.
It's very important to understand all aspects of your chemical peel. It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of stress. Don't be afraid to discuss these feelings with your plastic surgeon.