What should I expect during a consultation for eyelid surgery?
During your eyelid surgery consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies, previous medical treatments and specifically any problems you have had with your eyes
- Current prescription medications, including vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs
- Discuss your eyelid surgery options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of eyelid surgery and any potential risks
- Discuss the type of anesthesia that will be used
The consultation is the time to ask your plastic surgeon questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon that you can take with you to your eyelid surgery consultation.
It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.