What should I expect during a consultation for laser hair removal?
During your laser hair removal consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your surgeon, or his specialty-trained nurse, will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs
- Discuss your options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of laser hair removal and any risks or potential complications
Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions. It's very important to understand all aspects of your laser hair removal. It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.