What should I expect during a consultation for a mommy makeover?
During your mommy makeover consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine your breasts, abdomen, genitalia, and/or buttocks and take measurements of their size and shape, skin quality and skin thickness
- Take photographs
- Discuss your options and recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of mommy makeover surgery and any risks or potential complications
Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions. It's very important to understand all aspects of your mommy makeover. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.