What should I expect during a consultation for thigh lift surgery?
During your thigh lift surgery consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine and measure your body, including detailed measurements
- Take photographs for your medical records
- Discuss your options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of thigh lift surgery and any risks or potential complications
The success and safety of your procedure depends on your complete candidness during your consultation.
Be sure to ask your plastic surgeon questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your thigh lift surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It's very important to understand all aspects of your thigh lift procedure. It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.