Aesthetic Genital Plastic Surgery
There is a variety of aesthetic genital plastic surgery procedures that may enhance appearance and reduce discomfort. These procedures include labiaplasty, clitoral hood reduction, labia majoraplasty, monsplasty and vaginoplasty.
What should I expect during a consultation for aesthetic genital plastic surgery?
As with any plastic surgery procedure, if you're considering aesthetic genital plastic surgery, do your homework before scheduling surgery. Start by looking for a board-certified plastic surgeon with good before-and-after photos. Advance preparation is an investment in your final outcome.
During your aesthetic genital plastic surgery consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your surgeon may also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Take photographs
- Discuss your options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of aesthetic genital plastic surgery and any risks or potential complications
- Discuss the use of anesthesia during your aesthetic genital plastic surgery
Be sure to ask questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your plastic surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It's very important to understand all aspects of your aesthetic genital plastic surgery. It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.