Aesthetic Genital Plastic Surgery
There is a variety of aesthetic genital plastic surgery procedures that may enhance appearance and reduce discomfort. These procedures include labiaplasty, clitoral hood reduction, labia majoraplasty, monsplasty and vaginoplasty.
What questions should I ask my plastic surgeon about aesthetic genital plastic surgery?
Use this checklist as a guide during your aesthetic genital plastic surgery consultation:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery?
- Were you trained specifically in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have hospital privileges to perform this procedure? If so, at which hospitals?
- Is the office-based surgical facility accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized accrediting agency, or is it state-licensed or Medicare-certified?
- Am I a good candidate for aesthetic genital plastic surgery?
- What will be expected of me to get the best results?
- Have you been specifically trained in this procedure?
- Where and how will you perform my procedure?
- What surgical technique is recommended for me?
- How long of a recovery period can I expect, and what kind of help will I need during my recovery?
- What are the risks and complications associated with my procedure?
- How are complications handled?
- Will I experience any changes in sensitivity during sexual intercourse?
- How long will I need to wait after the procedure to engage in sexual intercourse?
- Will I be able to have a vaginal childbirth after aesthetic genital plastic surgery?
- Would vaginal childbirth affect the results of the procedure?
- What are my options if I am dissatisfied with the cosmetic outcome of my aesthetic genital plastic surgery?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can look at for this procedure and what results are reasonable for me?