What should I expect during a consultation for body lift surgery?
During your body lift surgery consultation be prepared to discuss:
- Your surgical goals
- Medical conditions, drug allergies and previous medical treatments
- Current medications, vitamins, herbal supplements, alcohol, tobacco and drug use
- Previous surgeries
Your plastic surgeon will also:
- Evaluate your general health status and any pre-existing health conditions or risk factors
- Examine and measure your body, this may include detailed body measurements
- Take photographs for your medical records
- Discuss your body lift options
- Recommend a course of treatment
- Discuss likely outcomes of body lift surgery and any risks or potential complications
The success and safety of your body lift procedure depend on your complete candidness during your consultation. You will be asked a number of questions about your health, desires and lifestyle.
Be sure to ask questions. To help, we have prepared a checklist of questions to ask your body lift surgeon that you can take with you to your consultation.
It's very important to understand all aspects of your body lift procedure. It's natural to feel some anxiety, whether it's excitement for your anticipated new look or a bit of preoperative stress. Don't be shy about discussing these feelings with your plastic surgeon.